The 12-speed SRAM RED eTap AXS 2X Electronic Road Groupset builds on the groundbreaking first generation of fully wireless groupsets. SRAM have upped the ante again by improving every aspect of the groupset, and simplifying integration at the same time.
The Orbit chain management uses a fluid damped rear derailleur to provide a system that works both on road and off without the need for stiff clutches or different chainrings, and will allow the use of a 33 tooth sprocket cassette. The front derailleur offers improved clearance for larger rear tyres and uses SRAM’s Yaw technology so that trimming is unnecessary.
Helpfully the batteries on the front and rear derailleurs are interchangeable, although as they last up to 1,000km on one charge running out of juice shouldn’t be a problem.
The totally wireless shifters retain the intuitive functionality of the previous generation but have received an ergonomic upgrade, and now feature better textures and feel. Having just a single paddle at each side makes shifting easy and accurate, even when wearing big gloves.
At the heart of the SRAM AXS system is the app, which offers unparalleled levels of personalisation and customisation if required. The app connects to the shifters and derailleurs to allow the behaviour of the components to be altered to individual taste, and can also be used to monitor battery levels, get maintenance reminders, update firmware and even allow a dropper seatpost to be controlled from the eTap AXS drop bar controls.
Please note: Only compatible with SRAM RED eTap AXS 12-speed chain, chainset and cassettes.
- 12-speed for wider range and closer progression
- Wireless shifting
- Control, personalise and monitor components via the AXS app
- Enhanced shifting options with Sequential or Compensating modes
- Orbit chain management with fluid damper; quieter, simpler and more efficient
- Compatible with previous eTap batteries
- Includes: Shifters, rear derailleur and battery, front derailleur and battery, charger and cord, and Quick Start Guide